$100,000 IMPACT GRANT
Applicants for the $100,000 Impact Grant must meet the following criteria to be nominated for a grant from IMPACT 100 Redwood Circle:
- Be tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code
- Be in operation for at least 36 months prior to applying for the Impact Grant
- Provide services in the geographic area and benefitting the residents of Sonoma County excluding Sonoma Valley (Kenwood to Schellville)
- Expend 100% of funds awarded by Impact 100 Redwood Circle as described in the grant application.
- Funds must be used within a 24-month period. The organization has up to 3 years to demonstrate the impact of the Grant. The monies will be distributed based on the project/program needs with the organization determining the appropriate disbursal intervals.
- A project/program will be considered if it serves a diverse population without regard to religion or require faith-based activity, but can be under the auspices of a religious organization or physically housed in a religious organization.
Grant Funds Support:
- An existing project/program with specific program analysis data and outcomes
- The expansion of an existing project/program
- Launching a new program
- Technology, both software and hardware, if it is integral to the proposed project or program.
- Grant can be used for capital purchase but only if it’s designated for a specific measurable project/program under consideration for the Impact Grant.
- Funds may be designated for general operating expenses and overhead specific to the project being funded.
*A capital expenditure is for an asset that the owner intends to hold and derive benefit from for a period of one year or more, and that the owner depreciates or amortizes over the asset’s expected life.
Grant Funds May Not Be Used in These Ways:
- General operating expenses
- Debt reduction or operational deficits
- Grants to individuals
- Private foundations
- Endowment funding
- Interim or bridge funding
- Partisan, legislative, or political activity
- Fees paid to a grant writer or for fundraising activities
- Projects of religious organizations or bodies of worship
- Annual appeals or fundraising drives, activities, or events
- General capital campaigns unrelated to a specific project
Guidelines for Impact Grant:
- Applicant must select only one focus area in which to be considered. Focus areas are 1) arts & culture, 2) environment, 3) health, education and human services
- Final proposal should include a time-bound budget with measurable goals.
- Grant recipient must submit periodic progress reports and work with the Liaison Committee for the duration of the grant period.
- Organizations awarded Impact Grants may not apply for the $100,000 Impact Grant for the following 3 years. However, an organization is eligible for a Grant if the organization received an Impact Grant within the last 3 years from Impact 100 Sonoma Valley.
- An organization may submit only one application each year.
- Incomplete applications or missed deadlines will disqualify the application.
- IMPACT 100 Redwood Circle reserves the right to change eligibility criteria at any time without prior notice.