The process for determining our Impact Grant recipient in May of 2016 began with each Impact 100 Redwood Circle member having the opportunity to nominate a Sonoma County nonprofit organization between late August and early November of 2015. The nominated organizations were invited to participate by submitting a Letter of Intent (LOI) by January 11, 2016. The Grant Committee received 23 LOIs from candidate organizations.
Twelve (12) members of the Grant Committee completed the review of the submitted LOIs on January 25, 2016. The grant review team examined three areas, using an evaluation tool:
– The organization, including their mission statement, population served, current programs and length of time in existence, history of success, staffing levels and engagement of volunteers and members of their Board.
– The description of the project/program for which they are requesting funding, including the documented need and target population, their qualifications to address this need, whether the project aligned with their mission, the methodology and plan itself including resources, timeline and measures of success.
– The organization financials to determine fiscal responsibility.
It was a challenge to evaluate all these fine organizations and the inspiring work being done in our communities. Each Grant Review Team member thoroughly reviewed each LOI and scored it based on the established criteria as shared with the general membership at an Education Meeting last October. The ratings were then tabulated using a fair and reliable methodology. We are happy to announce completion of our review of the LOIs and the selection the 10 semi-finalist organizations.
The Grant Committee has identified the organizations with the highest scores who will move into the next phase by submitting a Full Proposal Application (FPA) available by February 22, 2016 and hosting a site visit in April 2016.
The 10 are (alpha order):
- Boys and Girls Club of Central Sonoma County bgccsc.org
- Ceres ceresproject.org
- Face to Face f2f.org
- LandPaths landpaths.org
- Pediatric Dental Institute pdisurgerycenter.org
- Redwood Empire Food Bank refb.org
- Social Advocates for Youth saysc.org
- The Living Room thelivingroomsc.org
- United Way – Schools of Hope unitedwaywinecountry.org
- VOICES – On The Move voicesyouthcenter.org
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 10 IMPACT GRANT SEMI-FINALISTS!