The Executive Committee is responsible for the following:
- Handling and resolving sensitive and/or confidential issues (such as grievances or ethics concerns)
- Overseeing Standing Committees
- Approving Standing Committee charters
- Ensuring Standing Committees are fulfilling their charters
- Advising and approving the appointment of (co)Chairs by the President
- Chartering and overseeing task forces or other ad hoc committees
- Conducting business as delegated by the Leadership Team
- Ensuring that best practices in women’s philanthropic giving are incorporated
Composition of the Executive Committee
The Executive Committee is comprised of the following officers:
- President –Directs the Leadership Team, presides over Leadership Team meetings, corresponds with membership, and ensures members are apprised of the significant issues and activities of the organization. Presides at the Annual Meeting and other member meetings. Appoints Committee (co)Chairs with the approval of the Executive Committee. Serves as ex-officio member of all committees. Serves as primary liaison to the Community Foundation of Sonoma County.
For questions and more info, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- First Vice President – Leads meetings in the absence of the President and oversees the governance function of the organization (policies, rules, and regulations). Ensures an annual review of the Policies and Practices document is performed. May also chair new initiatives or one-time projects.
- Nominating Vice President – Oversees leadership succession planning and development to ensure the long-term sustainability of the organization.Develops strategies and activities to identify and promote future leaders. Works closely with Committee (co)Chairs on succession planning and development. Forms the Nominating Committee immediately after taking office and chairs the committee’s activities.
- Secretary – Creates and posts minutes of all Leadership Team meetings, ensuring action items are well documented. Corresponds on behalf of the organization as appropriate. Oversees record retention of important documents (including committee records). Performs other duties as assigned.
- Treasurer -Oversees and reports on the financial health of the organization, including development and observation of financial policies and procedures. Serves as liaison to the Community Foundation Sonoma County, monitoring fund balances and managing expenditures from the operational fund account.Recommends amount available annually for grants. Recommends the annual budget for operational funds. Keeps the membership and leadership informed of key financial status, trends, and issues via periodic reports and/or presentations. Presents summary of the organization’s financial status to the membership at fiscal year-end.
For questions and more info, email: email@example.com
- Internal Communication Coordinator – Responsible for managing, monitoring, and coordinating the organization’s email communication. Oversees and updates the membership roster in coordination with Community Foundation Sonoma County, Treasurer, and Membership Committee. Works in close liaison with Education & Events, Grants, Marketing, and Membership committees to send their emails to membership and non-profits in a timely manner. Works closely with Grant Committee for receipt, documentation, and distribution of non-profit electronic applications to Dropbox. Keeps the leadership informed of RSVPs to events and communications received ensuring for informed decision-making.
Details regarding the terms of office and selection of officers can be found in the Policies and Practices document.
Ongoing operations and activities are conducted through Standing Committees. Standing Committees are chartered by the Executive Committee of Officers in response to the evolving organizational needs of Impact 100 RC. Any member is eligible to serve on any Standing Committee.
Standing Committee (co)Chairs are appointed by the President, upon the advice and approval of the Executive Committee. Committees areresponsible for developing and carrying out their charters and work plans, and for conducting periodic self-assessments. On an annual basis, the President will review the committee self-assessments and progress against their goals.
(Co)Chairs coordinate and communicate the activities and decisions of their respective committees, ensuring that the Leadership Team is apprised of significant issues and policy concerns, communicating relevant committee information to membership, actively recruiting committee membership, and submitting their calendar of critical dates to the master calendar.
- Impact 100 RC Impact Grant Committee – Manages entire grant application and grant awarding process, conducts site visits, recommends 3 finalists for full membership vote, oversees solicitation of nominations and review of letter of inquiry and full grant proposals, development of the grant process and criteria to evaluate grant applications, and coordinates the annual meeting with the events committee.
Want to Join the Grant Committee? CLICK HERE
Have questions or suggestions for the Grant Committee? CLICK HERE
For more info, email: impactGrant@impact100redwoodcircle.org
- Impact 100 RC Community Grants Committee– In years where sufficient funds are available, the Committee oversees the distribution of Community Grants. Ensures the quality and timeliness of grant processing and management. Enhances Impact 100 RC’s effectiveness in Sonoma County. Responsible for policies and practices for the distribution of Community Grants, solicits and reviews nominations from the full membership, recommends finalists to the full membership for voting, tallies member votes to determine grantees, coordinates with the Treasurer on the drafting of checks, delivers award checks, coordinates grantee appearances at member meetings, coordinates publicity for Community Grants, and evaluates grantee performance and reports to full membership after grant cycle.
Want to Join the Community Grants Committee? CLICK HERE
Have questions or suggestions for the Community Grants Committee? CLICK HERE
For more info, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Membership Committee– Maintains the membership roster, refines member recruitment and retention strategies, responds to prospect leads, tracks and emails prospects, distributes marketing materials, plans and attends small gatherings for prospects and new members, tracks members’ committee participation interest, emails welcome letters to new members and mails thank you cards to renewals, greets guests at general meetings, and coordinates with Community Foundation staff and Impact 100 RC Treasurer to enhance pledge/registration materials and track annual renewals.
Want to Join the Membership Committee? CLICK HERE
Have questions or suggestions for the Membership Committee? CLICK HERE
For more info, email: email@example.com
- Education Committee-Nominating a non-profit for grant application is a privilege of membership. To that goal the Committee will keep members informed on various topics, such as non-profits in the community, the nomination process and planning and implementing periodic member education sessions.
Want to Join the Education Committee? CLICK HERE
Have questions or suggestions for the Education Committee? CLICK HERE
- Events Committee– Responsible for organizing 3-5 member meetings or events per year, identifying and securing venues, coordinating the event program with other committees, securing refreshments, setting and cleaning up the facility the day of the event, writing articles for the newsletter as needed, planning and facilitating periodic social events, arranges photography and videography, and develops and maintains budget.
Want to Join the Events Committee? CLICK HERE
Have questions or suggestions for the Events Committee? CLICK HERE
For questions and more info, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marketing Committee– Builds awareness of the organization in the community, creates and updates web content, creates and maintains Facebook, Twitter and Instagram presence, creates bi-monthly e-newsletter, develops and maintains marketing materials, maintains photo library, creates videos, and writes and distributes press releases.
Want to Join the Marketing Committee? CLICK HERE
Have questions or suggestions for the Marketing Committee? CLICK HERE
For questions and more info, email: email@example.com
- Liaison Committee – Partners with the winner of the Impact 100 RC Impact Grant to assist them in accomplishing those goals that are in alignment with their accepted proposal, keeps Impact 100 RC membership informed of the grantee’s activities as they progress towards successful completion of the grant, and heightens the community’s visibility of the grantee and of Impact 100 RC.
Want to Join the Liaison Committee? CLICK HERE
Have questions or suggestions for the Liaison Committee? CLICK HERE
For questions and more info: email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nominating Committee – Develops leadership/officer/succession plans by identifying specific skills and attributes desired in the officer positions, actively recruits interest in officer positions from the general membership, solicits officer nominations from the general membership, prepares and presents the annual slate/ballot of proposed officers.